Josh and Amanda are eating me out of house and home. They must be having growth spurts. Even Amanda seems to eat all day long. We recently found a puppet theatre at a second hand shop.
It has been the hit of our little kindergarten. We are reading Charlotte's Web, again, together and doing a lot of pre-reading activities. They beg me for school and wish they could do it all day. If only I had their energy. Last week we made mailboxes for each bedroom and the kids wrote letters back and forth to each other. Amanda, by far, wrote the most letters. Of course, hers were like this: a, f, l, m, t, z, d, etc. One letter for each tiny piece of paper. At least she was succinct in her writing!
Zach is learning new words every day and sings all the time. Our bedtime routine has to include me singing to him.
He requests the songs every night. Lately his favorites have been "The Wheels on the Bus" (he calls it "cars, baby, mama"), Five Little Speckled Frogs (ribit, ribit), "I Love to See the Temple" ("tempo"), and "Popcorn Popping on the Apricot Tree" ("pocko"). Sometimes he requests songs I'm not sure about and he lets me know if I got it wrong. He usually has his "cocka mil" (chocolate milk) and his "bincket." He seems really happy here. He loves exploring the backyard and constantly wants "out." We just love to see what he'll do or say next.
Brian and I are just keeping up the best we can with all the demands of work and kids. Occasionally we catch our breath. We are down to our last 7 or 8 boxes. I'm determined to either get everything put away, get rid of it, or store it in the garage--all before the weekend is over. No more boxes in the house! The nice thing is that our house is smaller than before (or at least has one less level) and I love that I have a chance now to really purge myself of all the "stuff" that I don't really need. (Round one was when we packed, we are now in round two.) There's a lot of stuff that didn't make the cut. :) Simple really is better. It's the stuff or the kids that have to go, so I guess it's good I'm choosing to part with the stuff. I'm hanging in there. I am missing my mom support network back home, but, I will be okay. I'm even finding a few reasons to smile and laugh. That's my good news.
4 comments:
Congratulations to Brandon! I am sure he is excited to be in a choir again. And congratulations to Katelyn, too, for making a swim team! It sounds like you are fitting in quite well in SF. (When I first read in your blog about SF, my first thought was Spanish Fork! I have been living in Utah County too long!)
Congrats on the move and all the exciting news in the family! Enjoy SF! Moves really make you appreciate the friends and family that you had before you moved, but give you an opportunity to make new friends too!
Tell Brandon and Katelyn congrats for me! Tell the little ones I miss and love them. Give Amanda a hug for me. lol.
love,
Pixie
Congrats to Brandon and Katelyn! It seems like things are just working out. Keep us updated. I'm excited to see all the fun things you guys get to do.
I am jealous too as were getting closer to winter and you guys won't have to bother with shoveling :) Lucky you!!
xoxo
Annie
Post a Comment